Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Trials and Tribulations of Writing

So, here goes. I am a writer...or at least trying to be. I used to think that I had great skill in writing and that it was only the formulation of ideas where I was lacking. After a year, I've learned that it is definitely the other way around.

I've always known that this is what I wanted to do, I just wasn't sure how to get started. Enter The Creative Minds Collective. I went to my first meeting in January of 2009 just looking for something to do that would get me out of the house for a while a few times a month. I'd never put one word on paper in a creative capacity, but I thought I'd give it a go. A year later, writing is my passion and the ideas seem to flow fast and furious. What I was unprepared for was how difficult it is to put them on paper in a way that is true to the vision in my head. Some days, it is quite a struggle. But, in the end, when you have something to show for all of your hard work, something you created in your mind and was able to put to paper, there isn't a feeling like it. It is totally worth it.

So starts my blog outlining the trials and tribulations of being a writer. It won't be all gloom and doom. I will share the good times as well as the bad times and everything in between. And hopefully, somewhere along the journey, some success stories will emerge. Here's hoping...

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to blog, just never thought I would have the time. I am happy to follow you and watch you grow as a writer! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Maybe you will motivate me to start posting again... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete